b. Brush one’s teeth, using a miswak if possible;
c. Apply perfume;
d. Wear the best clothing one possesses, without excess. White, when available, is optimal;
2. To wake up early, in order to prepare for the sunnas of the day;
3. To go early to the place the Eid prayer is taking place;
4. To delay eating until after the Eid al-Adha prayer;
5. To return from the Eid prayer by a different route to the one taken there, as established by the Prophet’s practice (Allah bless him & give him peace);
6. To walk, when reasonably possible without hardship;
7. To give the takbirs of Eid.
- In Eid Al Fitr - the Sunnah was to eat something sweet before going to the Eid Prayer, but in Eid Al Adha, you do not eat anything before the Eid Salah.
8. Takbir - ut - Tashriq
- Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, La ilaha ilallahu, Wallahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Walilahil hamd.